Throught the years I've build-up a good collection of gentoo packages that I'm
currently running on my notebook. Now that I need to move to a new notebook, I
build another gentoo system where everything were smooth and I did a emerge
world/systems to get everything update. Now the question is - how do get gentoo
to emerge the exact same number of package like my old notebook? I've attempted
to move /var/lib/portage/world(which contain all the packages that I need) to
the new notebook and start a emerge world. I got an error and ask me to "emaint
-c" that I follow diligently which didn't quite help. I follow up with a "emaint
-f" and somehow it just get rid of all the packages that I need :(

Apologies for the cluessless question, is there an easier way to duplicate the
exact package on my old system to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

--
SB
http://www.employees.org/~sbng/pgp.txt