Kamen TOMOV wrote:
Hi,
I accedentally deleted a few ._cfg files. Is there a way to get them
back? I tryed preinstalling the corresponding packages but with no
avail.

Thanks!

Try:
emerge --unmerge <package> && emerge <package>

If this doesn't work just unmerge the package delete the corresponding /etc directory and then reemerge the package. This worked for me having trouble with dbus.

If none of the above techniques work, just emerge the older package and then emerge the new again. If you don't know the version of the old package, use genlop.

Cheers,
Jay