b.n. wrote:
Bruce Munro ha scritto:

A famous British mountaineer, George Mallory, who made several attempts
on Mt. Everest, and was eventually killed on the mountain, was once
asked why he was so determined to climb the peak. His answer? "Because
it is there."

Surely a very similar argument applies to Gentoo users and new Linux
kernels! ;-)

Yeah, I know of Gentooist friends that are just so :)
But remember he was killed on the mountain...

A very good point indeed! I myself have recently ended up doing a complete re-installation of my Gentoo system after getting it into a bit of mess. But then again, if you didn't enjoy installations and fixing problems you wouldn't stick with Gentoo anyway.

-Bruce