On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> Recently, I tried to share the image with a co-worker and it pukes
> out about the time it does some udev stuff at the top of starting up.
> The (rc.init ?) scripts start breaking and spewing lots of errors and
> ultimately doesn't mount the filesystem properly. We are able to
> manually mount it later, but then lost of other things are broken.
> VMware doesn't have any errors we could find, not even in the logs.
> It seems to be an OS issue.

We need logs and error messages, otherwise it's not really possible to
help you much

> Does the host CPU make a difference? I thought it was all emulated? I
> tried to recompile the kernel with the generic '386 CPU settings and
> removed all power mgmt etc, and the same issue happens.

The host CPU shouldn't make a difference as a VMWare .vmx is supposed to
work the same on all hosts. However, the VMWare version in use on your
friend's machine might be broken on AMD, or he has done something dumb.

Again, without logs and other information (host cpu and specs, vmware
version, etc) there's not much we can do to help you

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,
Pessimists say the glass is half empty,