Gabriel Rossetti wrote:

Harm Geerts wrote:
On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
Hello,

I emerge a kernel, let's say gentoo-sources-2.6.19-r5, I create the
"linux" link, then cd inside
and compile/install it. I reboot and I get lots of errors from modules,
I do a uname -a
and notice that it still says 2.6.19-r4, i then check in the /boot
directory, and the links are correct,
then I check my grub.conf and it's correct, I then tried
gentoo-sources-2.6.20, still the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Do you have a seperate /boot partition and forgot to mount it before installing the kernel?
Harm!

That's it, I never did that (not automaount /boot), but I decided to this time, so like you said, my /boot was not mounted so everything was right, but at the same time it wasn't....That was a stupid mistake on my part.....

Thanks to all those that answered and sorry for bothering you all with this...

Gabriel

I feel like a newbie....