On 13/02/07, Daniel van Ham Colchete <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello everyone!!!!

Here on my company we are going to start deploying Gentoo Linux on our
customers. Every server will have the very same installed packages,
the very same use flags, very same cflags, only a few configurations
will differ.

I would like the deployment and maintenance to be done as easily as
possible because this project needs to be scalable to more than 100
servers. Although we are going to install only 10 servers in the
beginning, my boss says that I should be prepared for this number to
grow.

I don't know anything about SCIRE but you may want to take a look at puppet:
http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet/index.html

There are ebuilds available from bugs.gentoo.org.

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan