On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 05:31:21 +1030
Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday, 18 February 2007 5:25, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Just compiled kernel 2.6.19-r5, with same config as 2.6.18-r6.
> > When trying to boot it, I get a kernel panic, grub not finding
> > (hd0,0), when booting 2.6.18 doesn't cause any problem. What's new
> > in 2.6.19 that causes this? What's the solution ? Help welcome.
> >
> > --
> > ~adj~
>
> It's probably due to the SATA drivers being moved out of the SCSI
> section of menuconfig, which iirc, changed their CONFIG names.
>
> You should double check that all your required drivers have been
> configured.

I tried kernel 2.19 and the new libata PATA drivers and all seemed to
work fine, execpt I too got the same kernel panic with not
finding /dev/hd[a-z][0-9]+.  I think the names of these device nodes
might have changed?  I'm not sure but my theory is that if i would have
used the older ATA drivers instead, things would have been fine.

People _Are_ running the 2.6.19 kernels successfully.