On Monday 19 February 2007 02:47, Hans-Stefan Bauer wrote:
> storm1 hsbauer # /etc/init.d/gfs start
>  * Starting gfs cluster:
> FATAL: Error inserting lock_dlm (/fs/gfs_locking/lock_dlm/lock_dlm.ko):
> Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>  * Failed to load lock_dlm kernel
> module                                   [ !! ]

Check your kernel configuration, particularly the "Distributed Lock
Manager"
option, CONFIG_DLM.  You may need that part of mainline so that your
out-of-tree module works.

> Apart from the occurring problem it is strange for me that emerge
> installs the kernel module into the root directory of the system (see
> error message above) and not into "/lib/modules/..." as I would expect.

Hrm, double-check (by looking at your filesystem) to make sure it's in the
wrong place.  If so, please file a bug, that behavior is broken.

<OT>
By the way, the format of your question was excellent, IMHO.  It had the
right
information about how your Gentoo system is set up and the exact, initial
error message.
</OT>

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))