On 2/20/07, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 21 February 2007 02:04:12 Mark Knecht wrote:
> I'm facing a few last problems as I clean this machine up. The
> machine is completely sync'ed and emerged. revdep-rebuild tells me
> things are cool but then --depclean complains about needing
> virtual/glibc and using emerge depends suggests it really is needed
> but eix glibc doesn't show anything to emerge.
>
> Frankly I'm pretty confused about this one. What's the appropriate fix?

# emerge --with-bdeps=y -pvDNu

--
Bo Andresen

Hi Bo,
  Thanks for responding. I didn't know about that option or the
difference between how it's used for --depclean. Thanks.

  I solved the lm_sensors one before your response came back.
Unfortunately --with-bdeps=y doesn't seem to identify anything new to
emerge. I don't see how it could if I don't see virtual/glibc in
portage:

gandalf ~ # emerge --with-bdeps=y -pvDNu world

Calculating world dependencies... done!

Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB
gandalf ~ # eix =virtual/glibc
No matches found.
gandalf ~ #

 I must be doing something wrong here. Is the need for this virtual
package caused by some USE option on something else like glibc itself?

Thanks,
Mark