On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 05:15:14PM -0500, Willie Wong wrote:
> I prefer something like FlameCanid that more properly expresses the
> fact that "ours" is almost-exactly-but-not-quite-perfectly-the-same.

We use Bon Echo as it's upstreams default unbranded name. Many other
distros are using Bon Echo and changing it to something else would
require a reasonably painful amount of patching and maintenance.

You are allowed to build Firefox with branding, you can't distribute any
binaries you build though. We're currently considering enabling branding
by default with USE=bindist however it's a complicated issue.