On 2007-02-26, Leandro Melo de Sales <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I need to install python version 2.5, which in portage it is in hard
> testing masked. If I install it anyway, is this mean problem to my
> gentoo installation?

IIRC, Python is slotted, so you can have multiple versions
installed simultaneously. However, I'm not sure how you confirm
that without actually emerging 2.5.

If it is slotted, you can emerge 2.5 without removing 2.4, and
2.4 can still be the "selected" python (what's used by default
by all of the Python apps installed on your system).

If you want to test/develop an app using Python 2.5, you'd have
to explicitly call out the python 2.5 interpreter when running
the program.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  They
                                  at               collapsed... like nuns