on Saturday 03/10/2007 Bo Ørsted Andresen([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote

 > > > Why don't you just disable the accessibility use flag if you don't
 > > > want it?
 > >
 > > Because I do want orca which is another seech package, but gnopernicus
 > >  is a dead duck now.  Perhaps there should be a virtual speech package
 > >  which orca, lsr could both satisfy.
 >
 > What has orca to do with it? Nothing in the tree depends on it. If you want
 > it
 > just add it to your world file (see --noreplace in `man emerge`).
 >
 > The gnome ebuild is just a meta package (essentially a virtual that nothing
 > must depend on directly). It installs nothing itself. So if you want other
 > packages that it does depend on with accessibility enabled just add those to
 > your world file too...

 > > > You *can* use package.provided (see `man portage`) but I doubt that
 > > > epiphany and yelp will work with it... Personally I'd probably create an
 > > > ebuild if I really wanted firefox 3 now (which I don't).
 > >
 > > I do this because it is supposed to be much more accessible than the
 > > 2.0 versions.
 >
 > Accessible? Not understood. ;)

According to the folks working on orca, they have been working with
the Firefox team  to make Orca speak the controls properly whereas if
I use 2.0 versions, Orca hardly says anything and I can't really use
this for web browsing.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici