on Wednesday 03/14/2007 Neil Bothwick([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote
 > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 01:09:23 -0400, John covici wrote:
 >
 > > Hi.  If I try to log in using gdm as a non-root user, it logs me in,
 > > but does not even run gnome-session.  If I run that by hand, it runs
 > > some things, but if I want to change some settings I am informed that
 > > the gnome-settings-daemon cannot start a new dbus session.  Both dbus
 > > and hald are started and working if I log in as root.
 >
 > Check the permissions of the various GNOME files and directories in the
 > user's home directory. I've seen something like this when the user was
 > unable to write to the necessary files.

I checked the .gconf and .gnome2  and even the .gnome2_private, but it
looks OK to me.  I even put a session file  in the users .gnome2
directory changing the current directory to his home directory, but it
will not run.  Very strange.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici