Hello everybody!

Maybe this is a bit Off-Topic here, but maybe some of you like to help me
anyway.

I am trying to build a VPN network where the clients get their IP adresses
from a local DHCP server (because it should notify the nameserver of the
clients). The VPN should have its own adress pool 10.8.0.* while the
unsecured clients in the server's LAN should get an 192.168.1.* adress.

I got the VPN working but the clients do appearently not get their IP from the
DHCP server but some random IP from the OpenVPN server. (The DHCP server only
assignes 10.8.0.100-200 adresses but the clients get .8 or .10 for example)

Now my questions are:
Do I need bridging for making the DHCP server work in the VPN?
How should the configuration files look like?

The current configuration files can be found here:
http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/pholthaus/public/vpn

client.openvpn.conf.txt and
server.openvpn.conf.txt are the current configuration files.

client.openvpn.conf.testing.txt and
server.openvpn.conf.testing.txt are files where i tried to use tap devices.
However if i use these configurations i get the following error in the
server's log:

Mar 15 12:50:04 kael openvpn[23401]: thrall/129.70.171.12:32830 MULTI: no
dynamic or static remote --ifconfig address is available for
thrall/129.70.171.12:32830

Any help is appreciated very much!
Thanks
Patrick

P.S. I also started a thread in the Gentoo forums. If you are interested in it
check it out here: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-547061.html