It seems that you have problems with mysql's privilege table.
Try these:

mysqld  --skip-grant-tables --user=root &     (or try with --user=mysql)
mysql_fix_privilege_tables
pkill mysqld   (kill all mysqld process until all of them killed)
/etc/init.d/mysql_restart

If still mysql cannot start l, please provide the related log lines again.
Richard Torres wrote:

This log doesn't change when I try to start mysql.

# tail -f mysql.err

060411 14:23:42  mysqld started

060411 16:47:54  mysqld ended

060629 18:10:25  mysqld started

060703 16:58:17  mysqld ended

060806 08:30:54  mysqld started

060806 08:38:40  mysqld ended

061222 17:52:51  mysqld started

# tail -f mysqld.err

070319 9:35:12 [Warning] './mysql/host' had no or invalid character set, and default character set is multi-byte, so character column sizes may have changed

070319 9:35:12 [Warning] './mysql/user' had no or invalid character set, and default character set is multi-byte, so character column sizes may have changed

070319 9:35:12 [Warning] './mysql/db' had no or invalid character set, and default character set is multi-byte, so character column sizes may have changed

070319 9:35:12 [ERROR] Fatal error: mysql.user table is damaged or in unsupported 3.20 format.