On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:35:49 +0000 (UTC)
Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Alexander Skwar <listen <at> alexander.skwar.name> writes:
        [...]
> Hmm, well, it just occured to me, that I could run "socksify emerge --sync"
> instead of having emerge run "socksify rsync". The net effect would be the
> same.
>
> But still, just for my curiosity:
>
> > How do I tell emerge to use a custom rsync command?

Quite frankly, I don't know any clean way. But you could of course just
change the hard coded path to the rsync command in `/usr/bin/emerge'.

It's in the `rsynccommand'-Variable.

Actually, I first thought about creating an alias, but it seems that
the bash part in emerge just affects the build system.

[ I've just looked deep enough to see that it has nothing to do with
rsync, so there might be more. ]

        Jan-Hendrik Zab