On 3/29/07, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I need to use Text::Query::Advanced on my server so I guess I need to
> > install Text::Query.  Is there no ebuild for that module?  If not, I
> > remember there was a Gentoo tool for installing CPAN modules that
> > aren't in portage.  What was that tool called?
>
> I believe you're looking for g-cpan.

Thanks David.  g-cpan generated an ebuild for Text::Query in
/usr/local/portage and then I was able to emerge it like any other
overlay ebuild.  Very nice.  It seems like I should submit the
generated ebuild to bugs.gentoo.org for inclusion in portage.  Is that
worthwhile?

Nope.  See http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml.

--
David