Hi Thomas

In the last episode, Thomas Wouters wrote:
TW> On Sunday 01 April 2007, Jeff Rollin wrote:
TW> > Hi list
TW> >
TW> > I like the new look of the website, but how on Earth does anyone make
 any TW> > sense of the links? Purple on black is a really bad idea, and
 that's from TW> > someone who doesn't have any accessibility issues with
 websites. TW> >
TW> > Should this be filed as a bug?
TW> >
TW> > Jeff
TW>
TW> This has nothing to do with the accessibility of the website, it inflects
 the TW> usability, which is something completely different.
TW> What isn't accessible is the layout which is based on tables, changing
 this to TW> div's will increase the accessibility and the opportunity to
 easily create TW> new designs.
TW> The menus are awfull, I mean, come on, <a> tags separated by pipes?
 Imagine TW> what text to speech software would make from that... What's
 wrong with using TW> <ul> which is basically made for this?

TW> Anyway, if you want to talk about accessibility, the first thing you
 should do TW> is ask yourself the question if you know what accessibility
 is. If the answer TW> to that question is no, then stick with the term
 usability.

In my opinion this is hair-splitting. To me "accessibility" just means
"usability for disabled users". Besides, as I already noted, the fact that
it's bad from a design/usability standpoint is only going to make it worse
from an accessibility standpoint.

Jeff
--
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence
over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard Phillips Feynman, American physicist, 11/5/18-15/2/88