[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 10:27:48PM +0200, Harm Geerts wrote:
>
>> Would you please show a little respect to the people who developed
>> the software you use every day.
>
> I have found that people are fine, it is groups of people who cause
> the problems in the world.  The gentoo dev community has a reputation
> of releasing untested code, and when I mention a couple of severe
> cases that shouldn't have even gotten near the door, let alone out of
> it, I am told the ~ platform is testing.

Correct.

> No it is not, or should not
> be;

What else should it be?

> finished, but entirely different to release untested code.  Maybe
> getdelta is not from the core community; but did no one in the core
> community think it good to report their changes?  When the first
> colors were added to emerge, did no one think hard coded magic
> constants were wrong?  When devs think it good to colorize everybody's
> terminal without regard to long established UNIX custom of using just
> simple plain text, I am told that gentoo is not UNIX.

Exactly.

> Good grief,
> what an attitude!

Yep, you've got quite an attitude.

> When the gentoo dev community stops spouting nonsense about gentoo is
> not unix,

What are you talking about? You DO know, to what list you're writing
to, don't you? Hint: There's no "dev" in the name of the list.

> stops pointing fingers at third party software which was
> written to work with gentoo software, and stops blaming users for
> preferring white backgrounds, then they will have earned some respect.

I guess earning respect from people like you is something, the Gentoo
people could very well do without.

Alexander Skwar