On 2007-04-05, Grant Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2007-04-05, Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Grant Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Why not default to a _useful_ condition?
>>
>> But, it does! The colors are very useful!
>
> Only on certain terminals.  They're quite unreadable on a white
> background (which has always been the default for xterm and
> it's descendants, right?).

I did find one terminal emulator on my system that defaults to
a black background (/usr/bin/Terminal, which belongs to the
xfce-extras package).  On a black background, it's not as bad,
but some of the colors like blue on black are still hard to
read.

I guess I'm in the minority, though...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I just had my entire
                                  at               INTESTINAL TRACT coated