On 07 April 2007, Coder TuX wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Tony Stohne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Coder TuX said the following on 2007-04-07 14:46:
> > | resolv.conf is -rw-r--r-- so that's not the issue..
> > |
> > | I noticed that ping works for about every ip i've tried, but TCP
> > | connexions don't. why could that happen? I can browse my local
> > | webserver however...
> >
> > I'm not entirely clear on this, so just for clarification:
> > Have You just pinged IP addresses or IPs AND domain names as well?
> >
> > You pinged the address 216.239.37.99, but does it work when you ping the
> > corresponding domain name, ie va-in-f99.google.com, or any other domain
> > name?
>
> Pinging the IP address works, pinging the corresponding domain name
> doesn't.

So it's definitely a DNS problem.

Your resolv.conf looks right. The name server configured there is working (I
checked it). H...

Have you recently upgraded your firewall, if any, and blindly used etc-update
with checking your firewall config?

Uwe

--
A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2