On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:29:43 -0600 Brad Camroux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 03:24:12PM +0200, Robert Cernansky wrote:
> >
> > No extra configuring is needed to run WindowMaker. Just to choose
> > 'GNUStep WindowMaker' session in your display manager (kdm, gdm)
> > and login.
>
> How can I get the option 'GNUStep WindowMaker' to appear in my kdm
> login session list?  All I have are: 'default', 'custom', 'fluxbox',
> and 'failsafe'.  But I can't seem to find anywhere to change this,
> and selecting 'custom' or 'default' just crashes and returns to the
> kdm login screen.

I don't know exactly about kdm behaviour, but gdm reads .desktop files
from /etc/X11/dm/Sessions/ directory. Content of WindowMaker file
"wmaker.desktop" is folowing:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
# The names/descriptions should really be better
Name=GNUStep WindowMaker
Comment=Use this session to run WindowMaker as your desktop environment
Exec=/usr/bin/wmaker
Icon=
Type=Application

This file should be created by ebuild. If it exist, and kdm does not
show "GNUstep WindowMaker" entry, try to find out from where it reads
other enties (custom, fluxbox).

Robert

--
Robert Cernansky