On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 17:56:21 +0100
Neil Bothwick wrote:

> Hello Dan Farrell,
>
> > Unfortunately, everything above syl.claws 2.4 is masked testing on
> > x86_64, and I don't want to get my hands dirty on this one.  Perhaps
> > one day...
>
> The problem here is that Claws development is proceeding so quickly
> that no ebuild gets to spend the normal 30 days in testing before a
> new Claws release. Having said that, I've never had a problem with
> the testing ebuilds (they are still for stable Claws releases) on
> amd64 or ppc.

Dan,

I used Sylpheed-Claws for several years, with the past 6 months being
on Gentoo.  Given the still rapid pace of claws' development (as
Neil mentions), the only way to have new features and fixes for
old is to turn on ~x86.  Even though officially "experimental",
the releases are all very, very usable.

My recommendation is to add mail-client/claws-mail to package.keywords
and run the latest version of claws-mail.  You'll end up with a good
program that, if not perfect, is 99.9% perfect :->

Regards,

David