Hi,

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:35:16 +0200 Johannes Skov Frandsen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't seem to play streaming radio from http://www.dr.dk. I followed
> one of the links from http://www.dr.dk/netradio/afspillere.asp, but
> totem just bitches about 'no uri handler implemented for mms:'.

Hm, mplayer likes those streams and plays them fine. So since AFAIK
totem uses gstreamer, I'd try using the gst-plugin-ffmpeg -- hopefully,
it includes the ASF demuxer (I think so), and, more important, makes
gstreamer aware of "mms:"-URLs (I'm not all that sure about this...).

> I then tried to install vlc, which went ok except I could only run it
> from the shell, and it wouldn't play the stream either.

What does "went OK" mean in this case?

> I have compile with the 'v4l' and 'v4l2' flag, as I expect they are
> needed.

I don't think that _video_ _input_ is related to _audio_ _output_.
Except of course if you were talking of making a video of yourself,
dancing towards the webcam while playing web radio songs :-)

-hwh