On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:44:09 +0200 Jan Seeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> This is no bug. Bash globs everything that begins with A-Z (also
> directories) and then gives that list to ls. So ls lists all these
> files and the directories that begin with A-Z. Strangely though, bash
> seems to ignore case. (When I try your command, ls gives me all the
> files that begin with a letter and excludes files that begin with a
> number)

That happens because of your locale setting. If LC_COLLATE is not "C"
or "POSIX" then e.g. [A-D] can be equal to [AbBcCdD] or [AaBbCcD]. So
set LC_COLLATE to "C" and you'll get a "portable" behaviour.

Cheers,
Renat

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.