On 4/21/07, Dan Johansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday 21 April 2007 15:53, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On 21 April 2007, Dan Johansson wrote:
> > After upgrading gentoo-sources to 2.6.20-r6 from 2.6.19-r5 today my
> > firewall won't start (shorewall).
> >
> > The here's the error:
> > iptables: Invalid argument
> >    ERROR: Command "/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state
> > ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT" Failed
> >
> > I'm getting the same errormessage when it try it by hand.
>
> When you generated the kernel, did you build all modules necessary. In
this
> particlu case, ipt_state?
If you meen CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE=y then yes it's compiled in
(not a
module). You know of any other part that NEEDS to be activated other the
the
following?

CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_ENABLED=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_LIMIT=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_REJECT=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_LOG=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_MANGLE=y

--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

You found your problem, then.  When you use iptables -m state, it loads the
state module.  Since it's not compiled as a module, it won't load.  Either
change it to module in the kernel or remove the -m state (I think I tried
once compiling into the kernel and dropping the -m state, but it didn't
work).

--
- Mark Shields