On Tuesday 01 May 2007, Jesse Adelman wrote:
> Any suggestions? When faced with a similar problem in the distant
> past, I've grabbed the old ebuild from CVS for mythtv (and plugins)
> and put it in an overlay, but that seems so inelegant... I'm not
> without a remedy, I just hope to find out a less invasive/cumbersome
> way to accomplish this.

But overlays are ideal for this. Think of it as overriding something
while coding :-)

Grab the overlay you want to have installed, reversion it to
$APCKAGE-9999 and put it in the local overlay. It will then always be
merged instead of the current one in portage.

You can even KEYWORDS="" the ebuild so you can quickly and easily change
to the latest version in portage with a single entry
in /etc/portage/package.

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,