On Wednesday 02 May 2007 15:02, Francesco Talamona wrote:
> Thanks, man we are getting closer!
>
> I hadn't that option because I never defined a collection, having added
> files from time to time.
>
> Still there's something wrong: the option "Edit Tag 'Filename'" is
> always shaded.
>
> Furthermore "organize" is trying to create many subfolders, I don't wont
> to mess around with the base folder, many mp3 have incomplete/wrong
> meta-informations and would end in random places...
>
> FWIW my user have full permissions on the collection folders.

man, you can define the way amarok will organize the files/folders.

add the files to your library and in the "collection" panel or in the
playlist, select the songs you want to edit the tags and do it. you can also
use musicbrainz to lookup the tags of the file for you (not quite accurate,
but for mostly known songs, it works).

i dont think you can edit the filename directly in the playlist/collection.

its better you to correct the tags and tell amarok to organize the files for
you, since it can do it in the way you want.

[]'s
        .m