Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sat, 05 May 2007 03:24:55 -0400, Colleen Beamer wrote:
>
>> Okay, the installation of kde went fine.  However, when I'm presented
>> with the login screen for my user id, I get the message:
>>
>> Could not start kstartupconfig.  Check your installation.
>
> I've seen this caused by permissions. Make sure everything in ~/.kde3.5
> is owned by the user

Thanks for the tip - another one from the list that I'll file away for
future reference. :-)  This worked, but the problem was actually my
/home/colleen directory.  /home is on a separate partition and I
actually had to create the colleen directory, which I did as root and
ergo, it was owned by root.  All is cool now!

Regards,

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org