Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2007 schrieb ext Daniel Iliev:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:42:48 +0930
>
> Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > this one's a bit OT...
> >
> > I have a linux server and multiple (<10) windows xp clients.  So far,
> > each windows client has it's own user and password info stored on it.
> > This slowly becomes harder to manage as a user has to have an account
> > on each machine, and has to change passwords in multiple places.
> >
> > Therefore, I'm looking for an active directory kindof server for
> > linux. I have minimal experience with AD, if it even is available the
> > way I think it is for linux, but I have no doubt I can pick up the
> > administration.  Your opinion on your favourite, and why, would be
> > very useful to me.  Any tips / howto would also be great.
> >
> > thanks!
>
> A possible free solution is using samba as PDC and an LDAP
> authentication. Check theese out:

Since Win XP also uses Kerberos 5 for authorization, adding a KRB 5 server
to this may also be a good idea. Avoids to have passwords accessible
anywhere (even not in encrypted form) and allows for true "single sign on".

> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/index.html
> http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/

http://sial.org/howto/kerberos/windows/

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111