On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:10:25 +0930
Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible to get nvidia binary drivers working for an onboard
> GeForce 6100 nForce 400?  lspci doesn't recognise it:
> 00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Unknown device
> 03d2 (rev a2)

Unless the device is that new or that rare, I find it difficult to
believe that lspci doesn't recognize it, at least without inquiring
first as to whether you've recently updated lspci.  If not, you may not
be updating the device id database it uses to identify hardware.

>vesafb: BUG, returned from vm86 with ffffffff (EIP: 0xc0fcc)
>vesafb: warning, copying modelist from somewhere in RAM!
>vesafb: Sorry, pre-VBE 2.0 cards are not supported.
>vesafb: vbe_init failed
>vesafb: probe of vesafb.0 failed with error -22

Isn't there an option in more recent kernels to disable vm86 for buggy
VGA bioses?