Dan Farrell wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2007 10:29:12 +0800
> "Chuanwen Wu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> direct rendering: No
>>

> there it is, third line.
> Hey, looks like I have the same problem!  Perhaps we can figure it out
> together.
> | 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation
> | 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 03)
> | direct rendering: No

Well, I'm a Nvidia person myself but I did a little nosing around for
ya.  Maybe this will help:  x11-drivers/xf86-video-i810

Also, don't forget to set VIDEO_CARDS="i810" which may pull in the
package above as a dependancy, I think.

And some neat info on the kernel config:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-557149-highlight-i810+driver.html

Hope some of that helps.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967

Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.