Iain Buchanan wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 12:18 +0000, Marek Miller wrote:
>
>> I think, I have found a way to tell the kernel how much memory I have.
>> Simple
>>     mem=300M
>> appended to the boot command and all defunct RAM (above 300M)
>> is inaccessible. So far, my laptop works as if nothing has happened.
>>

> of course! it's funny how we all ran off thinking about recompiling
> kernels and live cd's, when this is all you had to do.  Such a simple
> answer right in front of us...

Funny thing is, I thought of it but since I never used it I couldn't
remember what the line was to boot with.  Plus, so much has changed
until I didn't know if it was still a option or not.

>> Linux's great.
>>

> sure is.  try doing that in Winblows
>

>> Thanks for all for handful tips.
>>

> you mean it was a handful because we gave you bogus ideas?! ;)
>
> cya,

It was a bit simple though wasn't it??  LOL

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967

Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.