On Monday 21 May 2007 14:25, Jure Varlec wrote:
> On Sunday 20 of May 2007 20:16:43 Mick wrote:
> > OK, I also tried Validate with CRL and I am now getting a CRL related
> > error: =============================================================

> Now that I checked with some random signed mails on this list, it turns out
> my setup shows exactly the same symptoms as yours, i.e. it can't download
> certain CRLs and cacert's OCP doesn't work. To be frank, what I really
> needed S/MIME to work for are the bills my telco issues through e-mail.
> After installing dimngr and the relevant certificate, kmail recognizes
> signature in their bills correctly.
>
> Funny thing is, kleopatra can and does download certain CRLs correctly
> using URLs embedded in a certificate, but can't do so for some others. And
> even if it can download a CRL, it then can't download the issuer
> certificate which makes it a bit useless. I haven't a clue how to proceed,
> as documentation seems a bit scarce.

Are you sure it is meant to download the issuer certificate?  I assume it may
do that if you have ticked "Fetch missing issuer certificates" under the
Kmail preferences, but I am not sure how Kmail would know where to fetch a
certificate from (unless there's an x509 extension that you can enter when
creating the certificate?).

> As there are people on this list who use S/MIME signatures I guess it can
> be made to work. Perhaps someone could chime in?

Yes please!  Has anyone managed to get Kmail to work?

BTW, I can report that Kleopatra/gpgsm refuses to import pkcs12 bundles which
have had a public key encrypted with triple des, instead of the default RC2
40.
--
Regards,
Mick