Hey list,

It has been a constant burden to me to have to change the file permissions of
files I've copied so that other users can access them and modify them.  Say I
have a number of documents in the /root folder which the root user owns.  Now
I want to transfer them to my non-priveliged user so I can work on them...
But I have to chown them so that is possible.

It just occured to me that there must be an easier way to do things like this
and I was wondering if you fine fellows could guide me down the right path.

Thanks.
--
---
Dan Cowsill