On Wednesday 30 May 2007 21:20:52 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2007 04:09:10 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > I found check_linkage.rb, but it's not installed (or linked) to any of
> > the standard $PATH directories.  Instead, it's in a "demo" directory.  Is
> > it fully functional?
>
> Yes. You run it with ruby.

Yeah, I figured a .rb was run with ruby. :P

If it's really useful, it should be chmod'd +x and installed or linked
into /usr/sbin.  I can do that myself (in that case /usr/local/sbin), but
such wonderful utilities shouldn't be hidden. :)

> It does still lack a couple of features though.
> Namely --library and the ability to pick another version when the ebuild
> for an installed version has been removed. At least the latter is soon to
> come.

I noticed it was also trying to reinstall all my binary-only packages:
sun-jdk, blackdown-jdk, skype, and emul-linux-x86-compat.  I guess
revdep-rebuild has some blacklist that prevents it from doing so.

> But at least it will never use the horrible hack that revdep-rebuild uses
> with --package-names because of the lack of support for the
> =category/package-version:slot syntax in portage-2.0* which it still
> supports.. :)

You mean that portage actually supports slot deps now?

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))