On 6/5/07, Denis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What are some alternatives to Audacious mp3/CD player?  I really liked
the old XMMS and used it right up until it was taken off portage.
Audacious seems to resemble XMMS closely enough, but it seems more
fragile.  I have it working well on one gentoo box, but on this box, I
am just having no luck getting it to run without errors (won't read
audio CD, master volume control is not functional, playlist errors on
start-up... )  I'm looking for something with a GUI rather than a
command-line player.

Thanks.

* media-sound/bmpx
    Available versions:  ~0.36.1
    Homepage:            http://www.beep-media-player.org

Although I prefer mplayer console on most of my multimedia needs, I've
been using bmp on my old Debian box and it works okay with a nice
xmms-like feel to it.

I use mplayer on the console on Gentoo.

I think bmpx [http://bmpx.beep-media-player.org/site/BMPx_Homepage]
looks different from its predecessor though. Haven't tried it yet.

--
Jed R. Mallen | GPG key ID: 81E575A3 fp: 4E1E CBA5 7E6A 2F8B 8756
660A E54C 39D6 81E5 75A3 | http://jed.sitesled.com