Hi,

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:24:00 +0100 Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Friday 08 June 2007 19:52, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
>
> > Also, this method will also need a bigger or equally sized new
> > partition. If it's bigger, one also needs to resize the filesystem
> > afterwards.
>
> How do you resize the fs? I was never comfortable trying this at
> home... but I have a feeling I might need to use it sooner or later.

This is file system specific. There's e.g. resize2fs, xfs_growfs and
other programs for the other FS. Of course, there's no need to grow the
filesystem, but you won't have more space than before because file
systems don't usually adapt to partition size.

-hwh