Hi,

Am Sonntag, 10. Jun 2007, 15:06:03 -0500 schrieb Karl Haines:
> Color is pretty ;) lol. It makes things interesting! I agree however
> that there might need to be some way to turn it off easily.

As far as I see, most e* tools respond on an appended "|cat"
or have at least a non-color option. Ok, still there are
cursor positioning sequences.

I tried to switch them off; I managed to do this only by
modifing </sbin/functions.sh>. Further, when I give the
--nocolor option to an init script only the second line of
those below will lose its colour, the first one still
appears in green and blue.

 * Caching service dependencies ...                 * [ ok ]
 * Setting clock via the NTP client 'ntpdate' ...   * [ ok ]

Some time ago I happened to write an equery redesign in
Ruby, just for fun. It's far from perfect but it definitely
won't output any colors if you don't want them. Of course,
init scripts are more difficult to handle because they are
written in Bash. In case anyone finds the project is worth
being pursued, here's the code:

  http://www.bertram-scharpf.de/tmp/equery.rb

Bertram

--