On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:19:58 +0200
"Marco Calviani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>    i would like some technical advice concerning the possibility of
> mounting two network devices on the same desktop computer. One network
> card (which is binded to a fixed IP) allows me to allow the machine to
> be visible on the public network...
I call it 'eth0'
> while the second one (faster, the
> one i've installed now) is used to work.
I call it 'eth1' -- I am a little confused whether you mean 'it used to
work' or you 'use it to work' on a private subnet perchance.
> Would it be possible to
> install both of them, with the first one used only for accessing the
> machine from an external site?
That should be possible.  If the second interface is to be on a
seperate subnet, it's so easy to do this that it's almost trivial.  All
you have to do is to assign a private ip address and plug it in to the
private network, and you'll have two devices, on private, one public,
and your computer can even function as a 'gateway' or 'router' if you
want it to.

Is that what you are trying to do?