Hi,

I upgraded my kernel the other day and now I have no sound at all.  I
have checked Alsamixer and Kmix to make sure it is not muted and it
appears to be turned up there.  This is lspci:

> 01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1
> (rev 0a)

I have this built into my kernel:

> <*> Emu10k1 (SB Live!, Audigy, E-mu APS)

I copied my old .config over and did a make oldconfig but it has the
same setup as before.  I just don't have any sound at all.  I did make
sure my speakers are powered on, plugged into the puter and everything I
checked says it is unmuted.  Maybe I missed one though.

The kernel version that works is gentoo-sources-2.6.18-r6, the one that
does _not_ work is gentoo-sources-2.6.20-r8 if that will help.

I did boot my old kernel, the 18 version, and the sound works fine.  If
I boot the new 20 version, nothing.  Kernel problem or am I missing
something?

Any ideas?  Thanks much for the help.

Dale

:-)  :-)