Matthew R. Lee wrote:
> Well skype upgraded this morning to version 1.4.0.74 and it aint working.
> When I tried running it from the command line I get the following:
> /opt/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4:
> cannot
> revdep-rebuild doesn't pick any thing up
> Do I have to rebuild Qt? or another package?  which one provides that library.
> I've tried down-grading to the previous version but that's now been
> package.masked
> This is a real pain in the buttocks.  How can I phone home now? I can't
> afford
> the rip-off international phone charges at the moment!
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
> Matt

I never used Skype, never even seen it run before.  I did read on this
list that it needs version 3 of qt.  If you don't have that installed,
may be worth a try.  I have this installed on mine.  x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r2

I hope that helps.  Long distance phone calls do suck.  I can't imagine
international calls.

Dale