On Tuesday 19 June 2007 14:03:20 Jan-Hendrik Zab wrote:
> I really dislike this problem :D

/me agrees.

My locally installed man page doesn't provide any other explanations for that
return code, so I'm still betting it's one of those things.  However, someone
more skilled than I might be able to spend some time digging through libc
and/or the kernel to determine an alternative cause.

Does you dmesg show any kernel faults/backtraces?  Sometimes they can muck up
things enough to cause "weird errors" but not enough to crash the system.  If
so, I'd recommend capturing it and rebooting.  Then, report the fault as a
bug.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))