On Tuesday 19 June 2007 13:56:19 Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > To debug this, I'd like to build postfix again, but this time portage
> > should not strip the binaries and it should be compiled with debugging
> > information compiled in (ie. with -g).
> >
> > How would I do that?
>
> FEATURES="nostrip -ccache keeptemp keepwork test noclean" \
>   CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O0 -pipe -ggdb3" sudo emerge postfix
>
> This seems to be at least one way to go.

Why keeptemp keepwork noclean? keeptemp and keepwork are implied by noclean
anyway so it's quite redundant. If you just want the source kept have a look
at FEATURES=installsources in `man 5 make.conf`. Also have a look at
FEATURES=splitdebug as already mentioned. test is unrelated but might of
course be useful.

As mentioned by Daniel you can set FEATURES and CFLAGS on a per package basis
in /etc/portage/env/$CATEGORY/$PN. Alternatively you can set it in a
case; ...; esac construct in /etc/portage/bashrc (for multiple packages at
once). Do note that variables here don't automatically stack so you need to
either set everything you want or include $CFLAGS and $FEATURES.

--
Bo Andresen