sean schrieb:
Trying to emerge spca5xx but during the build process it is stated that "CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1_COMPAT" needs to be set in the kernel.

That is fine, but I do not see this option anywhere in menuconfig.
From what I read it should be located under device drivers multimedia devices, but the option is not present.

So how does one build spca5xx without such option available?
I am trying to build this on amd64, just so you know.

                Thanks
                Sean

Use the search function in menuconfig by simply typing / and omit CONFIG_ from CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1_COMPAT.

Regards,

Daniel