On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Matthew R. Lee wrote:

> On Sunday 24 June 2007 04:36, Mick wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 June 2007 01:13, Christian wrote:
> > > Ok, I have found the solution of my problem:
> > >
> > > emerge --unmerge ghostscript-gpl
> > > emerge ghostscript-esp
> > >
> > > That solves my problem. Maybe it helps you too.
> >
> > It seems that soon they will be merged:
> >
> > http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L463

> Swaping ghostscript-gpl for ghostscript-esp improved the situation, at least
> now the pdf is readable.  However the fonts are still a little ugly and I
> can't see any option in the cups interface under set printer options for
> embeding the fonts.  I'm offered pdf-general, pdf-banners, pdf-policies

Try to use the ghostpdf.ppd printer description with your
cups-pdf printer to get the options to embed the fonts. You
should have this file already on your system, on mine it is
/usr/share/ghostscript/8.15/lib/ghostpdf.ppd.

The steps are:
Webbrowser http://localhost:631
Printers tab, search for the cups-pdf printer
Modify Printer
Continue
Continue
paste the location of your ghostpdf.ppd in the field "Or Provide a PPD File:",
press "Modify Printer"
Now you can set the printer options.

urs