Mick schrieb:
Hi All,

I've been trying to download different flash embedded videos like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjV0Gws-BVM

etc.

I have used VideoDownloader with Firefox and FLV Downloader (which didn't work) and Video Manager with Opera. It seems that the downloaded video is very jumpy (drops huge number of frames) when played back using xine/gxine. So I thought of using wget to achieve the same effect but without all these helpful GUIs, but cannot see what I should be downloading when I look at the HTML source of the YouTube web page.

What would you advise on this?

As Hans-Werner already mentioned, most embedded (flash)-videos are stored temporarily on disk in /tmp or in the browser's cache at least here with firefox. So just wait until it is loaded and don't close the browser window then copy it to where you want. Btw. YouTube and GoogleVideo store them to /tmp.

They play well with mplayer, xine, vlc which i use, others will also work.

Regards,

Daniel