Dale wrote:
> Colleen Beamer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Yesterday, I did a sync and upgraded my kernel.  Now, on boot, I'm
>> getting messages about a file in /etc/conf.d, /etc/init.d or
>> /etc.rc.conf having a revision date in the future.  Has anyone else seen
>> this message.  Is there a way to fix it.  I haven't made any recent
>> revision to rc.conf and the boot messages didn't appear prior to
>> yesterday.  And I've made no manual revisions to anything in /etc/init.d
>> or /etc.conf.d.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Colleen
>>

> Is the date and time correct on your system?  I get that on one of my
> old systems that the clock can't survive a reboot, therefore it thinks
> it is back in the year 2000 or something.  If this is the case for you,
> change the battery on the mobo and see if that helps.

Yes,  There was an upgrade to ntp, but I configured ntp.conf and my
system time is perfect.  It was fine before I did all my upgrades
yesterday, so don't know what changed to make these messages appear today.

> Also, are you dual booting with windoze?  If you are, you have to adjust
> it so that the two will not change the hardware clock when
> booting/shutting down.  I don't dual boot so maybe someone else can
> point you to that one.

Yes, I dual boot with Windoze.  However, I don't remember the last time
I booted into Windoze - ages ago and again, up until yesterday, I never
saw these messages.

Regards,

Colleen

--