On 7/3/07, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<SNIP>

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the insight.  I hope it never happens, but if the day comes
when Gentoo suffers a lack of contributors to such an extent that I
have to find a new distro, where will I go?  Is Debian the only other
meta-distro out there?  It's not exactly thriving is it?  Is the
meta-distro concept perhaps flawed?  The thought of installing the
latest Ubuntu release, wading through a bunch of software I'll never
use, and waiting for the next big release before anything is updated
makes me wanna throw up.

- Grant

Being sort of pragmatic, if it happens it happens and I'll worry about
it then. While I may have my frustrations with Gentoo they are
certainly no where near large enough to cause me to even think of
switching 8 machines in 2 households to something else. Heck, it's the
devil you know for the devil you don't know when you go that way and I
still see Gentoo as an angel and not a devil!!!

:-)

Cheers,
Mark