On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:41:05 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:

> > The alternative would
> > be to use a separate /boot and mess around with initramfs images to
> > load / from LVM, which is extra hassle and another potential point of
> > failure.
>
> Want my scripts? ;-)

I'd be interested to see them, although I like the idea of not depending
on an initrd. As I no longer run a separate /boot, it wouldn't reduce my
partition count either.

> > > Why not put swap on LV also?
> >
> > No major reason, but it means I still have swap available when booting
> > in single mode without LVM.
>
> AFAIK LV's are available in single mode.
>
> > I suppose it would be tidier to put swap on LVM too.
>
> In the end, it's a matter of personal taste, I guess. I like to have it
> as flexible as possible. :-)

It's not something I'd really given any thought. Now you mention it, I'd
probably put swap on LVM next time.

Still, my current setup means I can expand / by switching swap to LVM
and adding the space to / :)

--
Neil Bothwick

Does fuzzy logic tickle?